Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager, you will own GTM strategy and marketing for upcoming Lightship product launches. You will be expected to drive the vision and often the execution of engaging consumer-facing marketing, with the support of a cross-functional marketing, product, and creative team. This role requires wearing many hats to identify and build solutions that grow customer and prospective customer engagement and drive product education. As the third member of the marketing team, you will collaborate with and report to the Head of Marketing.
Our ideal fit will be a marketer who straddles the creative and analytical worlds with a background in product marketing, growth, acquisition, lifecycle, and/or GTM, and who is excited about our mission to bring electrification to new demographics and new demographics to the recreational vehicle industry. You’re a self-starter who loves a good challenge to get yourself unstuck with creative solutions but also knows how to ask for help and support when needed.
This is an incredibly exciting and foundational time for Lightship and you will be integral to helping us launch our first product – an all-electric, beautifully designed, and seamlessly integrated travel trailer built for the electric age – to the world.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Craft compelling and differentiated messaging for Lightship products and launches. Develop a deep understanding of our product features and technology and effectively communicate the value proposition to diverse audiences.
- Content Creation: Lead the creation of product marketing content, including website content, emails, data sheets, video scripts, and other marketing collateral. Collaborate with our in-house Senior Brand Designer and contract Social Media Manager on paid media or other campaigns related to product features and launches. Though this hire should be excited to create content, you can expect to collaborate with consultants and vendors as needed (copywriters, content writers, etc.) to help accelerate projects and meet deadlines.
- Growth-Focused Go-to-Market Strategy: Collaborate with the broader marketing team to develop and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features. Ensure successful product launches by coordinating activities across marketing channels. Use a test-and-learn approach to drive revenue, and optimize consumer acquisition, retention, and conversions.
- Market Intelligence: Build a deep understanding of EV, RV, and travel industry trends, competitive landscapes, and customer needs through market and customer research. Use this knowledge to inform product development and refine marketing strategies by translating findings into actionable insights.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with marketing, product, sales/customer success, finance, and other teams to ensure alignment between product marketing initiatives and overall business goals.
Prior Experience & Qualifications
- 5-8+ years in product marketing, performance marketing, growth marketing, or go-to-market, preferably with direct experience in launching a new, premium or luxury B2C/D2C product to market
- Strong customer-first mindset, driven by curiosity
- Highly analytical, data-driven problem solver with an ability to prioritize and project manage toward milestones and clear impact. Experience working with data in Google Analytics, Looker, HotJar Tableau, and/or similar
- Success in a fast-paced environment and comfort in navigating feedback from various stakeholders
- Strong organizational and cross-functional leadership skills
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to simplify complex topics into a compelling story for various audiences
- Extraordinary attention to detail, formatting, brand tone, and style guidelines
- Passion and excitement for sustainability, climate tech, and Lightship’s mission to bring both electrification and RVing or travel experiences to more demographics
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in the EV, Automotive, RV, outdoor, or travel industries
- Startup experience, and/or excited to join a startup at a very exciting and integral time for the company
- Experience using Salesforce, Hubspot, or similar CRM
- Experience editing and managing content through WordPress or similar CMS
- Technical degree and/or MBA
Lightship compensation consists of the yearly salary above plus equity, which gives you a stake in the company.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.