Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic team player to build a growing business. This role will report to the Head of Finance & Business Operations and provide cross-functional leadership on a range of activities, with a particular focus on revenue generation and operating expense management. The ideal candidate will have some experience with finance at rapidly growing hardware businesses, paired with enthusiasm and openness to contribute across the board.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for distribution of the Lightship L1, navigating regulatory and tactical hurdles to revenue generation
- Lower customer barriers to purchase by cultivating customer financing, insurance, and payment processing options
- Lead pricing and packaging activities from the finance side, providing detailed analysis to support our strategies
- Interface with national and state authorities to establish Lightship as a retailer and dealer in priority regions
- Manage operating expenses at Lightship, supporting the Sales and Marketing, General and Administrative, and Service teams at Lightship in maximizing return on every dollar spent; occasionally contribute to product development and manufacturing efforts where extra bandwidth is needed
- Navigate government funding opportunities and identify priority programs for Lightship – then steer the company towards capturing these funds
- Collaborate with other finance team members to manage the corporate plan, identifying and capturing opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to day to day financial operations on an ad hoc basis, supporting accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, and more as needs arise
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- A passion for climate solutions, hard tech, and/or outdoor industries
- 2-8 years of experience in finance, strategy, or business operations, working occasionally with 3-statement models, preferentially with hardware companies
- Demonstrated track record of success in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- A familiarity with general accounting principles and ability to apply them for financial planning purposes
- A “full-stack” contributor with the ability to own long term projects end-to-end but also with a “no task too small” attitude
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adjust role scope as business priorities change; first and foremost a team player willing to contribute to the highest priorities, whatever they may be
- A deep desire to build a high-impact climatetech company and a world-class finance function
Lightship compensation consists of the yearly salary above plus equity, which gives you a stake in the company.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.