Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
San Francisco, CA
About the Role
Lightship’s mission to modernize and electrify RVs demands that we build a complex power system with multiple interfaces. As an Electrical Engineer, you are comfortable designing, building, and testing control and communication circuitry. You are scrappy and eager to be hands-on in a program’s early stages as well as willing to evolve as the program moves into production. You will work closely with the software team and help hasten our path to market with an exceptional vehicle that redefines RVing.
- Create board requirements from high level product requirement
- Electrical component analysis and selection
- Design main control and interface circuitry for vehicle
- Design and/or support design of PCBs
- Fully bench test completed PCBAs
- Work closely with software team to verify functionality
- Help develop control software for FPGAs/CPLDs
- Develop and execute a test suite to ensure performance and reliability
- Support integration testing via data analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Support supplier management and requirements definition
- Provide input in manufacturing of PCBAs
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize system design
- Lead circuit design reviews
- Technical mentorship and guidance to growing team of electrical engineers
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS, MS preferred, or above in electrical engineering
- Minimum 8 years experience as an electrical design engineer
- Excellent knowledge of electrical schematics and control circuitry
- Proven experience in microprocessor and associated peripheral design
- Understanding of communication hardware interfaces such as CAN, I2C, WiFi, and Bluetooth
- Highly experienced in circuit simulation
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium
- Comfortable with high voltage test equipment preferred
- General understanding of electric power systems preferred
- General understanding of automotive standards for PCBAs preferred
- You are self-directed and are motivated to design the best system possible
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your work and are comfortable with uncertainty
Lightship compensation consists of the yearly salary above plus equity, which gives you a stake in the company.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.